Hello dear readers. 🙂
Foods have negative-positive effects on our health. So the content of foods is very important for us and we must be very conscious of food consumption. Every food that is not consciously consumed will cause various diseases.
For example obesity is a health problem of %30 of the population of our country. Packaged products cause obesity.
According to a research;
The obesity rate at 0-5 years is 8.5% (10.1% for boys and 6.8% for girls)
The obesity rate at 6-18 years is 8.2% (9.1% for boys and 7.3% for girls)
Are you interested in the content of the food? Do you read the ‘ingredients’? You can see the additives if you read. Generally, food additives have been used as preservatives, thickeners and colorants. These figures, coded by E, are called food additives. They can not consume alone. Food is added in various stages. (Production, processing, preparation and packaging)
- For example, they are used to increase the nourishing value of food in baby food. (vitamin, mineral, amino acid)
- Products such as puddings give consistency to food.
- They are also used as emulsifiers and stabilizers.
- They can be used as colorants.
- They can be used as sweeteners.
- They can extend the shelf life of food.
- They can be used as acid regulators.
These components are used according to the Turkish Food Codex, Regulation on Food Additives. Food additives are useful for human health up to a certain dose but it is harmful after a certain dose. Even some food additives is banned in some countries.
Your health is the greatest gift. Take care of yourself and your health. 🙂
Stay with science and health. 🙂